Hi. I’m Steve. I’m a believer, husband, father, and super-passionate about helping people become debt free.
I heard this cranky guy on the radio talking about cutting up credit cards and that debt is dumb. This sounded radical and impossible so I challenged everything he said. It didn’t take long for me to find out the truth: Dave Ramsey was right.
From that day forward I vowed to learn more about how money REALLY worked and spread the message of freedom, Debt Freedom!
In 2007 I earned the rare certification for teaching Financial Peace University’s Workplace Edition (now called CORE Financial Wellness) and completed Dave Ramsey’s Counselor Training in 2009.
Note: I don’t work for Dave Ramsey. This allows me the flexibility to help people one-on-one to reach their goals with a plan designed specifically for their needs.
UPDATE: I no longer coach individuals on personal finance matters. I do, however, to continue leading Financial Peace courses and am available to help your company or church.
Also, I became known in the personal finance blogging community as “the financial blogger with a podcast”. In 2016, I had to give up production of the MoneyPlan SOS podcast and blog to focus on my new career as a podcast editor/engineer/producer for the FinCon community (FinCon = those in the money & media genre).
We are debt free and you can be too!
My wife and I became consumer debt free in 2007 after paying off our last debt – her car. We still have the house, so we aren’t technically debt free but we have a plan to pay it off by the end of 2015.
Click here to learn more about my story of debt freedom
In the past few years we have been able to
- Put 4 months worth of expenses in an interest-bearing savings account
- Pay cash for an $18,000 kitchen remodel
- Go on vacations without having them follow us home
- Invest thousands for retirement and our daughter’s future
It was all possible because we followed a simple moneyplan called a budget. It allowed us to live below our means, a formula that America’s wealthy follow – and you should too.
This website’s mission
The mission of this website it to help you discover the truth about debt, to expose the manipulative messages from those trying to get to your money, and to show you how to build wealth, not credit.
Please feel free to subscribe to my newsletter and receive updates that aren’t announced on the blog.
You may also like to listen to the MoneyPlan SOS podcast (downloadable audio programs). They are all free and available through iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher Radio, and too many other services to mention.
What I believe
- Having a spending plan makes money go farther
- Couples that work together, stay together
- Being out of debt causes you to be more productive and less stressed
- Credit Cards are against my religion
- Building your FICO score is a waste of time
- You can qualify for the best mortgage rates if you just pay your bills on time and don’t have a bunch of debt
To learn more:
- Read my snide remarks about debt when you follow me on Twitter
- See what’s happening on the MoneyPlanSOS Facebook page
- Read and listen to Testimonials
- Watch vid-torials
[contact-form][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’What%26#039;s on your mind today?’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]