The purpose of a Debt Settlement company is to help consumers deal with collectors. They often promise to negotiate better interest rates and a reduction in the amount owed, but what they don’t tell you should scare you.
Michael Bovee is the founder of ConsumerRecoveryNetwork.com. His company educates consumers and helps Americans negotiate settlements on their debt. He released a 10-minute video called the “5 things debt settlement companies won’t tell you” where he shares his knowledge of what the debt settlement industry doesn’t want you to know:
- Some of your creditors refuse to work with us
- We have to wait for some accounts to charge-off before trying to settle
- You can settle debts on your own and sometimes get a better deal
- If we (debt settlement companies) weren’t charging you such high fees, you could actually be out of debt faster
- While you are a good fit for our program, bankruptcy may still be a better, less expensive option
To follow the video series: http://www.youtube.com/user/DebtBytes
The YNAB Minute – iPhone CloudSync in the middle of a field?
The iPhone app for YNAB is a great extension to the desktop version. It allows you to enter transactions before you even leave the store! Did you know you can use the CloudSync function even when you don’t have an internet connection?
Use the iPhone Personal Hotspot setting to create a wi-fi connection that your computer can use to tether the devices together. As long as the iPhone has cell phone connection you can sync – even in the middle of a field!