Chris Hogan is a Speaker and Financial & Business Coach working for Dave Ramsey’s company. He travels the country speaking to corporate events, churches, and associations on the topics of money, leadership, and life. His mantra is the he loves to educate, encourage, and empower people.
Chris Hogan’s background
He started his young adult life as a professional football player before moving into the consumer finance world. His first job was as a collector so he saw the effects of money on people who didn’t have a plan. He then moved in to mainstream banking where he began to see the same issues but with people who had more money and more debt. He progressed into private client banking where he worked with pro athletes, entertainers, and higher net-worth individuals. Still, he saw people struggling because they didn’t have a plan.
Chris tells us about what Financial Peace University is
FPU is God’s way of dealing with money. It’s a class that helps people finally begin to understand some of the areas they’ve always had questions or struggled with. It is the best program out there for people to get a game plan together and activate that plan. It helps people understand the heart of how to win!
Recent changes to the Financial Peace University course
- The class has changed from a 13 week series to a 9 week class and the 2 hour classes will now be only 90 minutes long.
- The DVD lessons will include guest speakers for additional knowledge.
- There are also 2 bonus lessons that FPU Students can watch from the comfort of their own home.
- Anyone can attend: Single, Married, Divorced, Christian, non-Christian, rich and poor
- It is a lifetime membership. If you have already taken FPU and want to attend you only need to register with the location. You don’t have to get a kit but you could order a new one at a discounted rate.
- Families who graduate pay off $5,300 in debt and save $2,700 in the first 90 days – that’s an $8,000 financial turnaround in 90 days.
- It is the best class out there because it gives you the information and the real-world application.
- Money fights are the #1 reason for divorce. Financial Peace University helps people put the weapons down and shows you how to make family the priority and focus.
Who can be a FPU coordinator
- Anyone can be a coordinator if they have the heart to help someone.
- They don’t have to be debt free themselves
- They do need to be onboard with the lessons of FPU and its principles
Three steps to coordinating a class
- Arrange for a facility that will allow your class to watch DVDs
- Contact a FPU advisor at DaveRamsey.com/FPU to help you sign up, order kits, give ideas, and walk with you through the 9 week class.
- Show up and lead!
Chris Hogan’s Mission (and blog)
Other resources mentioned in this episode
CORE Financial Wellness – A FPU program offered to a business’s employees
Military FPU – Gives “Readiness” a whole new meaning
The new FPU kit Unboxing video (removed)
Text MPSOS to the number 50500 to receive all my contact information