UPDATE: Eric has moved on to do other things.
If you are looking for a copy of his Debt Snowball Calculator then get a hold of me.
You can do so here: Contact
Eric Lentz paid off $53,000 in debt over 24 months. As he worked two full-time jobs and got intense on eliminating his loans he created an Excel spreadsheet to track the amount of money he had available to increase paying off his debt and stay motivated to stick to his plan. Eric continued to develop his program even after eliminating the last debt.
Some of the many features included in every Pro version:
- Easy access
- No dependence on internet
- You can take it with you
- Free lifetime upgrades
- No macros used
- Monitor your checkbook balance (avoid overdraft)
- View cash-flow and ease the budgeting process with first and second half functionality
- Enter recurring payments and budgeted cash expenditures
- Include your mortgage, or don’t – it’s your choice!
- Run scenarios on how debt payoff is effected when you earn more/spend less
- Allocate $ for your emergency fund
- Monitor the amount you have paid off and remaining interest
- Stay motivated by watching your progress on the Results page!
Here is a fun video Eric helped me put together that shows what it would take for us to pay off our national debt: