1) Yahoo, Google, or Outlook Calendar to forecast expenses
2) Computerized systems to track your spending
3) Manage Your Shopping List with Get It Done Guy: http://getitdone.quickanddirtytips.com/managing-your-shopping-list.aspx
4) Use the Envelope System for groceries, clothing, and dining
5) Clip coupons (and place them in your envelopes)
6) Keep your finances organized with a filing system for bills, statements, loan documents, and tax-related stuff
007) Avoid situations where spending could be a problem.
Holla From The Impala: My Great Big Idea that you are already doing!